SPQA Programs, Services, and Costs
Is your organization seeking more effective and efficient ways to achieve excellent results? The United States Senate Productivity and Quality Award (SPQA) for Virginia and Washington, DC, can help.
SPQA is affiliated with the national Baldrige Performance Excellence Program (BPEP) and conducts training and workshops on the Baldrige Framework to help organizations in their improvement efforts. The Baldrige Framework is used by organizations of all sizes, in all sectors to achieve performance excellence. The framework is an integrated approach to organizational performance management resulting in increased value to all stakeholders, organizational sustainability and effectiveness. We conduct a variety of programs and training on the Baldrige framework. Details are below:
SPQA Programs and Services:
- _Introduction to Baldrige and SPQA: A Baldrige and SPQA expert comes to your location to speak with members of your organizational leadership about the Baldrige Framework and highlighting how use of the framework can help your organization. We also speak to professional associations as a dinner or luncheon speaker to educate about our organization, Baldrige, and SPQA services, 1-hour program – Free of charge
- _Award Program: This is SPQA’s signature offering. Organizations complete a rigorous self-assessment application for the prestigious SPQA Medallion award, and receive an in-depth review and site visit by a team of examiners who prepare a feedback report that identifies organizational strengths and opportunities for improvement. This is an annual process beginning with submission of an “Intent to Apply”, due early November. Annual process – $5,500
- _Discovery Program: This is a less rigorous, but equally valuable, organizational improvement program during which organizations receive Criteria training and learn about the Baldrige methodology, a mentor to help guide understanding of the Criteria, and complete a streamlined self-assessment with the assistance of a SPQA mentor The application will be reviewed by a team of trained and experienced examiners that will provide valuable feedback for improvement. Discovery is not an award program; many organizations use Discovery as the first step towards applying for the SPQA Medallion award. Open year round. 6-month engagement – $1,750
- _Ones to Watch (OTW): OTW is a partnership with Virginia’s Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity. It provides a Baldrige experience for Virginia-based, for-profit, small businesses. SPQA mentors work with OTW businesses (selected by the Commonwealth) to conduct a self-assessment and develop an improvement plan. SPQA also connects Ones to Watch companies to Commonwealth resources including the Small Business Development Center Network. 18-month engagement – Grant funded; free of charge to organizations selected by the Commonwealth.
- _Customized training, education, and coaching programs: SPQA will work with organizations to create customized programs to meet specific needs. Customized programs can include covering the basics of the Baldrige Framework; focusing on the organizational self-assessment and the organizational profile; diving deeper into organizational results; or getting the most from your Baldrige feedback report. We are flexible, and can accommodate almost any Baldrige-related education need. $1,000 – $2,000 per day depending on the organization’s needs.
Contact us at email@example.com.