James (Jim) Spengler is currently employed by The Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities Department (RPCA) in Alexandria, Virginia. Their mission is to create meaningful experiences through public space, cultural activities, and programming. Working as the Director of the Office of Organizational Excellence, they combine the offices of Organizational Effectiveness, Performance Analytics, and Internal Audit to develop and implement a high-performance organization model and practice for the City of Alexandria. The result is higher workforce engagement, productivity, and engaged residents, business, and visitors.
Jim has a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Education from the University of Virginia as well as a Master of Business Administration from the University of Texas.
Jim also has the following certifications:
- Certified Organizational Development Professional
- Certified Leadership Development Professional
- Certified Executive Coaching Professional
- Certified Balanced Scorecard Professional
- Examiner Senate Productivity and Quality Award
- Examiner Ohio Productivity and Quality Award
- Examiner Texas Productivity and Quality Award